BloodPlus Initiative (BloodPlus Donor Awareness and Support Initiative) is a not-for-profit blood donation awareness and advocacy group, working to support and foster a culture of regular, voluntary and non‐remunerated blood donation for use in government-approved medical facilities in Nigeria. We function by designing and implementing innovative ways to recruit and retain voluntary blood donors in Nigeria.
The Aims of BloodPlus Donor Awareness and Support Initiative are as follows;
- To promote donor motivation and mobilization;
- To drive human/donor traffic to government-approved blood banks;
- To build, maintain and grow a secure and sustainable voluntary donor database;
- To create a donor appreciation and recognition platform for the gifting of non-monetary and customized gifts, certificates, badges etc.
- To provide technical support and assistance with
- (i) blood transfusion and safety guidelines and policies,
- (ii) data management and use,
- (iii) resources and commodities such as consumables and donor refreshment etc.
an intense campaign to counter the erroneously ingrained beliefs associated with voluntary non remunerated blood donations to drive and control the narration. We achieve this through extensive awareness programs and campaigns, primarily on social media, through donor drives, distribution of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials, schools and public campaigns, jingles, billboards, posters etc.
We are committed
to increasing the pool of voluntary blood donors in Nigeria through partnerships with state-owned and national blood centres. We believe this plays an important role in bridging the blood supply gap and would result in better blood transfusion safety thus leading to a stronger, more efficient healthcare delivery system.